Welcome to Historic Downtown Middletown, Ohio! Focused at a grass-roots level, Downtown Middletown Inc aims to re-energize the heartbeat of our city. Created through a collaborative effort between the City of Middletown and the Community Building Institute (CBI) Downtown Middletown, Inc was formed. By developing a neighborhood commercial revitalization program, we strive to create a bustling downtown that is economically vibrant, pedestrian friendly, and a place of destination. Currently, Historic Downtown Middletown is the host of several community-wide events, such as First Friday, Broad Street Bash, and Paws-A-Palooza and home to many successful, locally owned and operated businesses. With distinctive storefronts, clean streets and sidewalks, and the attractive Governor’s Square, Historic Downtown Middletown is the place to be for residents, businesses, and visitors. Please navigate through our developing website and take a stroll through Downtown Middletown. We welcome your ideas and invite you to participate now, at the ground-breaking level of revitalization!
DOWNTOWN MANAGER OPPORTUNITY
Downtown Middletown Inc. seeks a dynamic individual to serve as the principal onsite manager of Downtown Middletown, Inc., a 501 (c) 3 non-profit, formed to promote and revitalize downtown Middletown, Ohio. The position will be the lead person in assisting with those development and revitalization efforts using the four strategic areas of The National Trust for Historic Preservation’s Main Street Program: Organization, Design, Promotion, and Economic Restructuring as its fundamental operational framework.
Remuneration consistent with experience.
- Help attract new business investment
- Following the City of Middletown’s, Downtown Strategic Plan (and other prior relevant work), coordinate with key development stakeholders to attract new business investment.
- Coordinate support as appropriate to help retain and grow existing businesses, mainly, help property owners and businesses enhance the quality of space.
- Promote downtown regionally and locally:
- Promote existing venues and activities; work to enhance / expand them;
- Coordinate individual event efforts for greater impact
- Be downtown’s lead advocate; speak as one coordinated voice;
- Communicate among all players to create a synergy of activity across the community
- Establish and guide downtown committees (Main Street model)
- Provide technical assistance to committees to help develop work plans and budgets
- Coordinate work among all committees and also among other groups with downtown interests
We are seeking a professional individual:
- With demonstrated experience in business, development, marketing or related field, and with specific experience independently managing projects and coordinating among broad groups of diverse stakeholders.
- With educational credentials of a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and relevant professional credentials.
Submit a letter, no longer than one page, with your resume. For a full job description click here.
Downtown Middletown Inc
1131 Central Avenue
Middletown, OH 45044
Let us know if you have questions or want more information – just email your name and phone number with your request and we will be happy to call you.
Downtown Middletown, Inc is an equal opportunity employer.
Become a part of the Miami-Erie Brewing Co-Op. Click on the logo for more information.